Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin
You’ll impress your family and guests with this slow roasted beef tenderloin entrée. Prepare with a simple salad and create an unforgettable dinner!
1 beef tenderloin
1 tablespoon Kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rub the tenderloin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper – this can be done a day in advance. Allow meat to rest out of refrigerator 30 minutes before roasting.
- Pre-heat the oven: Special Modes / Slow Roasting / Oven temperature 225°F / core temperature 128°F / OK. Follow directions as oven prompts / OK.
- Sear tenderloin: Using the Miele griddle, HUB casserole or large frying pan, sear the meat on the cooktop on all sides. When oven is at temperature, place the roast probe in the meat and slide into the oven.
- Rest and carve: When the meat is finished roasting, allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before carving. Place on large platter and garnish with parsley for color.
- If roasting in an oven without a thermometer, check beef temperature after 1 hour with an instant read thermometer. A 2-pound tenderloin will take approximately 70 minutes. 5-pounds 1 hour 30 minutes.