Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good
A meal that is delicious and beautiful! This pumpkin stuffed with everything good is an adaptable meal for meat eaters and vegetarians.
1 Pumpkin approximately 3 lbs.
1/4 pound day old bread
1/4 pound cheese, Gruyere, Cheddar or Emmental (or mixture) cut into 1/2” chunks
4 slices of bacon, cooked crispy, chopped or ¼ lb. cooked sausage (leave out for vegetarian or use vegetarian bacon and or sausage)
3 garlic cloves chopped
1/4 cup chopped scallions (or chives)
1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries (if desired)
1/3 cup heavy cream
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven. Operating Modes, Convection Bake, 350°F
- Using a study knife cut the cap out of the pumpkin (similar to a Jack-O-Lantern), remove seeds and string from the cap and inside the pumpkin
- Generously season with salt and pepper and put pumpkin on Universal Tray or Round Baking Tray
- Toss the bread, cheese, garlic, meat and herbs in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pack the mixture into the pumpkin; you may have too much filling or not enough depending on the size and shape of your pumpkin.
- Stir the cream with the nutmeg and pour into the cavity of the pumpkin; you want the filling to be totally moistened but not overly wet.
- Place the cap back on the pumpkin and bake for approximately 60 minutes or until the flesh of the pumpkin is easily pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Remove the cap during the last 10 minutes so the liquid can bake away and the stuffing can brown.
- When the pumpkin is ready very carefully transfer to a platter (if is very hot and wobbly).
- Cut the pumpkin into sections to serve. Enjoy.