Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting are perfect for the Holiday season. The mixture of chocolate, peppermint and white chocolate frosting makes for delicious cupcakes!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
7 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
White chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup of crushed candy cane
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Combine hot water, egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in another medium sized bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners about half way. Place cupcake pan on the Combi-Steam metal rack (any level).
- Program the oven, Operating Modes / Steam Cooking / 212°F for 10 minutes.
- When cupcakes are finished steaming check for doneness with a toothpick or knife.
- Remove the cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Prepare your Frosting:
- Melt white chocolate chips in the Combi-Steam. Place chips in a small bowl and cover tightly with foil. Select ‘Master Chef’, select ‘Special’ and select ‘Melt Chocolate.’ Program takes 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together butter, melted white chocolate until a fluffy texture. Mix in peppermint extract. Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until well combined and fluffy.
- Use a pipping bag to place frosting onto cupcakes.
- Top cupcake with crushed candy cane & any optional toppings. Enjoy!
To view this cooking video click here