Yields 2 loaves
25.4 oz bread flour (approx. 43/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons)
6 oz extra fancy (fine grain) semolina flour (approx. 1 cup)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon instant yeast
1 tablespoon salt
1 pound lukewarm water approx. 2 cups))
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Untoasted sesame seeds
- Mix the bread flour, semolina flour, sugar, yeast and salt together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Make sure yeast and salt do not come into direct contact. With a paddle attachment, slowly add the wet ingredients until combined.
- Switch to a dough hook and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Shape the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and proof for 11/2 hours.
- Divide the dough into equal two pieces.
- Shape into two loafs that are about a 14" long by 2" wide and taper at both ends. Place dough on perforated baking tray and cover with plastic wrap. Proof for another 20 minutes.
- Score dough 3 times, lightly brush with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds immediately.
- Place in oven and select the MasterChef Plus program for Italian Bread.
- Follow the directions on the display.
To view this cooking video click here