Spaghetti and Meatballs
Nothing beats a dinner classic like Spaghetti and Meatballs. Using the Miele Combi-Steam makes this meal, delicious, easy and cleanup a breeze!
1 Pound lean ground beef
1/2 Medium onion, diced, sautéed in 1 teaspoon of olive oil until translucent
2 Large cloves of garlic, chopped and lightly sautéed in 1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1/2 Cup chopped parsley
1/2 Cup panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp pepper
Dash of Aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes to taste.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, combine the ingredients being careful not to over mix. Mixture should be a little loose.
- Place parchment paper on Miele Universal tray.
- Form golf ball sized meatballs and place on the tray.
- Place tray in middle rack of Combi-Steam oven and set program
- Go to Operation Modes
- Select Combi-Mode
- Select Duration
- Choose convection bake at 350 degrees, 20 minutes and 15 percent moisture.
- Select OK,
- Add an additional stage
- Choose maxi broil level 2, 5 minutes, zero moisture
- Select OK, Start Now
Spaghetti Sauce and Pasta
Sauce and Spaghetti Ingredients
2 24 oz. bottles of marinara sauce
1 15 oz. can of chopped tomatoes
1 Cup of dry red wine
1 Pound dry spaghetti
- Combine first three ingredients, stir to blend in large sauce pot
- Bring to a gentle boil and lower heat and allow to simmer for 10 - 15 minutes
- Place meatballs in sauce and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Place spaghetti in Miele solid half pan.
- Just barely, cover the pasta with water and add a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place spaghetti in Combi-Steam oven
- Go to operation modes
- Select Steam cooking and follow the time on the pasta box, the pasta will be in the oven while the oven is preheating.
- Drain cooked pasta and serve with sauce and meatballs.
- Serve with a salad and fresh bread, enjoy!
To view this cooking video click here