With this meal you will get to spend more time enjoying it than cooking it! Our Tortellini Alfredo with Shrimp and Peas is the perfect summer meal that you can adapt for any season or taste. Use your Miele Combi-Steam to its full potential with this quick and easy meal! The three main ingredients cook in just 4 minutes.
One 8-ounce package dried tortellini
1/2 cup frozen peas
3/4 of a pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Ingredients for Alfredo Sauce
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
6 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Heat heavy cream, butter and lemon zest in a medium sauce pan over moderate heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat. Whisk in Locatelli cheese and nutmeg. Set aside to reheat before serving.
- Place the tortellini and peas in a solid steam tray. Cover with water. Place frozen shrimp in a perforated steam tray. Place the two steam trays in steam oven. Select CUSTOM or COOK mode. Steam for 4 minutes. Drain tortellini and peas in a colander. Combine shrimp with tortellini and peas in a large bowl.
- Reheat the Alfredo sauce over moderate heat. Pour the sauce over the tortellini and gently toss together.
Don't have a Miele Combi-Steam? Follow these directions:
Directions for alfredo sauce
- Follow step 1 as above.
Directions for tortellini
- Bring 3-4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add salt if desired.
- Add tortellini. After water returns to a boil, cook for 10-11 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Drain gently.
Directions for shrimp and peas
- If shrimp are frozen, thaw the shrimp by placing them in a colander in the sink and allowing cold water to run over them. Toss the shrimp occasionally. When they are thawed, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté until pink and opaque. Add the frozen peas and continue to cook until the peas are warmed through and any moisture has evaporated.
- Reheat the Alfredo sauce over moderate heat. Add the tortellini to the sauté pan with shrimp and peas. Pour the sauce over and gently toss together.
To view this cooking video click here