A fresh warm baguette can elevate any meal! Our MasterChef Plus program creates the perfect environment for crusty delicious baguettes! They are the perfect loaf for making crostini, sandwiches, to pair with a warm winter soup or eating on their own.
Yield 3 Loaves
26 oz bread flour (approx. 5 cups plus 1 tablespoon)
2 cups lukewarm water
4 teaspoons instant yeast
3 teaspoons salt
- In a mixing bowl of a stand up mixer, whisk together the bread flour, yeast and salt. Make sure that the salt and yeast do not come into direct contact. With a paddle attachment, slowly add the water. Then switch to a dough hook and knead for 8 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly flour-dusted countertop. Shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough by hand for 1-3 minutes. Cover the dough and let rest 1½ hours.
- Decompress the dough by gently indenting with fingers into the center of the dough. Stretch and fold the dough. Working along the length of the dough, start from the upper edge of the dough, pull forward, away from you and then bring it to the center. Pull the bottom of the dough backwards (towards yourself) and fold to the center. Do the same for the left and right side of the dough. Flip the dough over and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into three equal portions.
- Shape the dough into 6" cylinders. Working with one piece of dough at a time, (keeping the other covered in plastic wrap), shape into a rectangle. Working along the length of the dough, press with three fingers gently making several indentations into the dough. Repeat the process; roll the dough over onto itself three times until the upper edge meets the lower edge and creates a deep seam. Sealing each turn with your fingers. Pinch the seam tight and let rest for about 5 minutes (or when the dough is relaxed enough to roll) with the seam facing up. Cover with a towel.
- Roll and shape the baguettes to fit the universal tray. Place on universal tray, seam side down, and let rest for about 5 minutes covered with a towel.
- Score each baguette 5 times and place directly into oven. Select the MasterChef Plus program for Baguette.
- Follow the directions on the display.
To view this cooking video click here