Enhances Laundry Care Performance for Premium Results and Upgraded Performance
Miele, the largest family-owned luxury appliance manufacturer, has announced the launch of the newly updated W1 Washing Machines and T1 Dryers. The new washing machines and dryers combine Miele’s existing smart laundry care technology with newly enhanced features for ultimate cleaning performance, fabric care and convenience from the palm of your hand. All new W1 and T1 models have been upgraded with WiFi access and Miele@Mobile app connectivity, allowing users to monitor and control their machines on a smart phone. All washing machines still retain Miele’s innovative CapDos specialty detergent options, while SoftSteam will be incorporated across the lineup. The premium models will also include M Touch, Miele’s touch screen interface, and Miele’s unique two-phase automatic liquid detergent dispensing system, TwinDos will be featured on models starting at $1,399.
“We’ve enhanced our W1 Washing Machines and T1 Dryers to offer a more intuitive and streamlined laundry experience,” said Jan Heck, President of Miele, Inc. “Previously, only select W1 and T1 models featured WiFi and allowed users to control the machines virtually through the Miele@Mobile app. By updating all W1 and T1 machines to offer these unique programs, we are elevating laundry care for all users.”
The W1 and T1 units include unique functionality that are industry firsts and have become pinnacle standards for all of Miele’s laundry care.
W1 Washing Machine Features:
- TwinDos* - the industry’s first two-phase automatic liquid detergent dispensing system, which saves 30 percent, on average, on detergent versus manually loading. This feature operates in two stages with UltraPhase 1 combating grease and removing soiling while UltraPhase 2 removes stubborn stains. Each phase dispenses the proper amount of liquid based on load size, type of fabric and programmed level of soiling and staining. Using the two phases, TwinDos is able to keep colors from fading while keeping white clothes bright and crisp. Coming in March 2021 is Refresh Elixir, a new UltraPhase 1 and 2 formula.
- CapDos - one-time use capsule that automatically adds special detergents and fabric conditioners that are specifically formulated for different types of clothes including sport, outdoor, down, wool, and silk. Each Cap, which is optimally dispensed during the wash cycle, has a matching wash program, taking all guesswork out of washing even the most delicate items. Miele’s detergents and fabric conditioners include Outdoor, WoolCare, SilkCare, DownCare, UltraDark, CottonRepair, ImpraProtect, Sport and Booster to help neutralize unpleasant odors.
- QuickIntenseWash** - using the Miele-developed ‘spin and spray’ technology, the new QuickIntenseWash program proves that a regular load of laundry can be washed in 49 minutes with perfect results.
- SingleWash** - when cleaning smaller loads (up to 2.2 lbs.; equivalent to 2 pairs of pants or three dress shirts), this option offers excellent results, shorter program duration and low energy and water consumption. It has the potential to reduce energy consumption by 27 percent, water usage by 70 percent and time by 60 percent.
T1 Dryer Features:
- Heat Pump Technology - the Miele T1 Ventless Dryers (120V) demonstrate that high efficiency and drying speed are not mutually exclusive. Heat-pump technology helps the T1 achieve EnergyStar’s Most Efficient criteria (reducing energy and operating costs up to 60 percent) with fast drying times in line with more traditional technologies. Since the heat-pump dryer actively heats and cools the air circulating through the drum, it can achieve quick and uniform drying without relying on high temperatures. Because the Dryer does not need to be vented, it can be installed anywhere in the home.
- FragranceDos2 - the exclusive feature lends a pleasantly fresh fragrance to laundry during the drying process, lasting up to four weeks. Two scents can be inserted into the easily accessible dryer filter in parallel, allowing you to quickly switch between the two and cater to different fragrance preferences within a household. Fragrances include Cocoon, Aqua, Nature and new DryFresh.
- PerfectDry - this unique feature in the T1 Dryer sets the machine apart by detecting the amount of moisture and calcium content of the water, adjusting the program duration to ensure proper drying and perfect results.
- SteamFinish*** - this feature adds steam during drying, which prepares the fabric for ironing and, depending on the type of fabric, may even eliminate the need to iron altogether.
Now featured on all W1 and T1 models, the Miele@Mobile app allows the user to monitor their laundry system from the convenience of their mobile phone. The ShopConn@ct feature on the app will alert users about the TwinDos fill level. Users can also start, stop and request the status of the appliance, and support program selection for all fabric types while on the go. Additionally, the app features a library with stain treatment tips, wash care symbols, and operating instructions.
Premium models of the W1 and T1 will also feature M Touch****, Miele’s touch screen interface. The appliance can easily be operated by pressing or swiping the touch screen display, with functions chosen at the touch of a fingertip.
The new W1 and T1 will be available at Miele dealers nationwide in Summer 2021, ranging from $1,199 to $1,999. The new Refresh Elixir detergent and DryFresh fragrance flacons will launch in Spring 2021 for use with all current and future appliances. To learn more, please visit www.mieleusa.com or www.youtube.com/mieleus, and follow us on www.facebook.com/mieleus and Instagram @MieleUSA.
Founded in Germany in 1899 with a single promise of Immer Besser, a phrase meaning Forever Better, Miele is the world's leading manufacturer of premium domestic appliances with more than 20,100 employees, 12 production facilities and representation in nearly 100 countries. As a premium appliance brand represented on all continents, Miele is steadfastly committed to the highest quality, performance and environmental standards. Miele’s range of exceptional consumer appliances includes: vacuum cleaners; laundry systems; rotary irons; dishwashers; ranges; built-in convection, speed, steam and combi-steam ovens; cooktops; ventilation hoods; refrigeration; wine storage and espresso/coffee systems.
* Available on the WXR 660, WXR 860 and WXI 860
**Available on the WXR 860 and WXI 860
*** Available on the WXR 860, WXI 860 and WXF 660
**** Available on the TXR 860 and WXR 860Download as PDF Download including media (zip)