Improves Freshness and Preservation with Intuitive Design, New Technology and Greater Conveniences
Princeton, NJ – Miele, the largest family-owned luxury appliance manufacturer, recently announced the launch of the newly redesigned MasterCool line, offering unmatched customization when it comes to refrigeration with improved usability and cooling for freshness and preservation. With new technology and intuitive design, the Miele MasterCool line provides enhanced storage and functionality to ensure food - from fruits and vegetables, to precooked foods and wine - stays fresh, a key factor in reducing food spoilage and waste.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, people do not realize how much food they throw away every day – from uneaten leftovers to spoiled produce. In 2015, people disposed of 37.6 million tons of food waste. The United States wastes more than $160 billion in food every year, and according to the United States Department of Agriculture, dairy products account for the largest share of food wasted, about $91 billion. Fruits, vegetables and other foods need to be stored in appropriate temperatures and designated refrigerator compartments for maximum freshness, as many foods give off natural gases as they ripen, making other nearby produce spoil faster.
“The functionality of a refrigerator is more important than people truly appreciate, especially in helping to prevent so much food waste and spoilage,” said Dirk Sappok, Director of Product Development, Miele, Inc. “We have designed our refrigerators with intuitive technology and design – from the mechanics of cooling and temperature control, to the implementation of compartments and drawers - to ensure MasterCool provides the utmost in food preservation, usability and aesthetics.”
The new MasterCool line provides optimal freshness and storage of food with features including:
- Miele’s DynaCool System and Humidity Controlled Drawers: a dynamic movement of air counteracts heat rising and cooler air falling within the cavity of the refrigerator or freezer. The cavity maintains consistent and intended temperatures from front to back and, most importantly, from top to bottom. Additionally, this airflow ensures the freshness of food by eliminating stagnation.
- WiFiConn@ct: Allows users to control temperatures, switch on programs, receive alerts and order accessories from anywhere through the Miele@Mobile app (available on Android and iOS devices).
- 24” Built-In Wine Storage Units: Come with the SommelierSet for premium display of wine bottles, glass and tool storage and even allows for cooling of opened bottles of wine. FlexiFrame Wooden Racks are made of beech wood for a more pleasant aroma and can be adjusted to perfectly hold any bottle type.
- MasterSensor: high quality color touch display makes program selection easy and aligns with Miele’s other built in appliances.
- Push2Open: Handless option whereby with slight pressure applied to the door, it will open gently to an ajar position. If the customer prefers handles, the Pull2Open technology will reduce the amount of force needed to open the door.
- BrilliantLight and Glare-Free Metallic Finish: illuminates the full interior.
MasterCool is available at now Miele Authorized Dealers starting at $6,299. For more information please click here.
Founded in Germany in 1899 with a single promise of Immer Besser, a phrase meaning Forever Better, Miele is the world's leading manufacturer of premium domestic appliances with more than 20,100 employees, 12 production facilities and representation in nearly 100 countries. As a premium appliance brand represented on all continents, Miele is steadfastly committed to the highest quality, performance and environmental standards. Miele’s range of exceptional consumer appliances includes: vacuum cleaners; laundry systems; rotary irons; dishwashers; ranges; built-in convection, speed, steam and combi-steam ovens; cooktops; ventilation hoods; refrigeration; wine storage and espresso/coffee systems.