Superior Home Cleaning Performance with Two Models Featuring Newly Developed “3D Smart Navigation”, Quattro Cleaning Power, and “Home Vision” with Live Feed Transmitted to Your Mobile Device
Princeton, NJ – Miele, the largest family-owned luxury appliance manufacturer, has announced the expansion of their award-winning floor care offerings to include the new “intelligent” Scout RX2 Robot Vacuum. Leveraging their heritage in floor care and engineering “best-in-class” vacuums, Miele has created two models of the Scout RX2 Robot Vacuum, which both autonomously clean floors and exceed the performance of its predecessor with new 3D Smart Navigation, superior suction and Quattro Cleaning Power. The upper model, Scout RX2 Home Vision, has additional features including a live image feed, as well as a longer runtime of up to two hours, extending its continuous cleaning ability especially in larger rooms.
“It’s an exciting time for innovation in the vacuum industry and we’re thrilled to bring Miele’s new Scout RX2 to the US,” said Dirk Sappok, Director of Product Development at Miele. “Scout RX2 is the most intelligent Miele robotic vacuum, to date, in which it provides consumers with superior technology including 3D Smart Navigation, Quattro Cleaning Power and Home Vision which when combined enhances the cleaning performance.”
3D Smart Navigation
With a stereo camera system and two front cameras, the Scout RX2 systematically maps and cleans. The Scout RX2 registers rooms and objects in 3D and calculates the distance to them. Often, ordinary robot vacuum cleaners cannot recognize the layout of a room, they move “blindly” around the room, and therefore the cleaning results are patchy.
The improved navigation technology is a combination of a stereo camera system, gyro sensor, 10 infrared sensors, and state-of-the-art electronics and software that enable the Scout RX2 to:
- Locate furniture and other objects in the room, detecting deviations from the calculated course and make corrections accordingly to prevent collisions and damage.
- Recognize steps to prevent falling and clean particularly thoroughly, even with complex room layouts
Quattro Cleaning Power
Exceeding the power of its predecessor, the Scout RX2 features the newly developed 4-stage “Quattro Cleaning Power” system incorporates brushes and suction for optimal cleaning performance on any floor type. The system’s four stages work harmoniously together and includes:
- Swing-out side brushes that sweeps corners and along walls, and reliably brush dirt into the path of the appliance
- A suction aperture with a roller brush at the front then picks up the dirt and carries it to the front suction opening
- Remaining fine dirt is drawn by a strong current of air through the rear suction aperture to ensure it is removed thoroughly
- A high speed motor ensures strong suction so dirt lands securely in the appliance’s dust box
Home Vision (Available in the upper model only)
Incorporating the same cleaning power, the Scout RX2 Home Vision operates on a longer running time (up to 120 mins) and ability to control the unit through the Miele@Mobile app.
Whether the user is at home or away the Scout RX2 Home Vision includes MobileControl, which through the app, provides the ability to visually see the room and operate the vacuum. Real time encrypted images are sent to the user’s mobile device to allow this action.
Additionally, with MobileControl, users can adjust the cleaning program and see a map of the cleaning path.
To ensure the utmost cleaning performance, the Scout RX2 features two (2) retractable corner brushes, one (1) rotary brush with bristles, one (1) front suction aperture and one (1) rear brushless motor.
The Scout RX2 features four operation modes:
- Turbo: For quick cleaning or when time is of the essence, the Scout RX2 moves in its systematic path but further apart to save time.
- Silent: Cleans in an especially quiet manner
- Auto: Cleans all accessible rooms completely on its own: it leaves its charging station, cleans the desired floor areas, and returns to its charging station. If the battery charge is not sufficient for all areas, the Scout interrupts the cleaning process in order to charge its batteries at the station. After recharging, it continues the cleaning process, returning to the exact location where it previously stopped cleaning.
- Spot: Crumbs under the breakfast table? Dog hair in front of the sofa? The Scout even takes care of these little mishaps for you: simply activate the Spot mode and the Scout cleans a target area of approximately 15 x 15 inches.
The Scout RX2 also includes a remote control, timer and a powerful lithium-ion battery, which allows the unit to run longer (up to two hours non-stop) on a single battery charge. To increasing battery longevity, the Scout RX2 has an automatic carpet booster feature. This feature increase the vacuum’s overall power when on carpet and lowers power when on bare floors.
It also features an AirClean Plus filter to ensure that dust and debris remain where it belongs: in the dust box. The effective filtration ensures particularly clean room air.
The Scout RX2 Robot Vacuum line is now available at retailers nationwide and www.mielestore.com in two models: Miele Scout RX2 for $849 and Miele Scout RX2 Home Vision for $1,049.
Founded in Germany in 1899 with a single promise of Immer Besser, a phrase meaning Forever Better, Miele has dynamically grown to become the world’s largest family-owned and operated appliance company with more than 16,600 employees, 12 production facilities and representation in nearly 100 countries. As a premium appliance brand represented on all continents, Miele is steadfastly committed to the highest quality, performance and environmental standards. Miele’s range of exceptional consumer appliances includes: vacuum cleaners; laundry systems; rotary irons; dishwashers; ranges; built-in convection, speed, steam and combi-steam ovens; cooktops; ventilation hoods; refrigeration; wine storage and espresso/coffee systems.