New Generation7000 Marks the Largest Product Introduction in the History of Miele USA
Princeton, NJ – Miele, the world’s largest family-owned premium appliance manufacturer, today announced the launch of its new Generation 7000 built-in appliances, for the North American market. Generation 7000 is considered the largest product launch in history of Miele USA, renewing the brand’s entire built-in product collection from convection ovens and combi-steam ovens, to coffee machines and vacuum sealing drawers. Aesthetically, Generation 7000 offers four new design lines to complement virtually every interior design and kitchen style. The appliances also provide new smart assists to help users attain culinary excellence, including a camera in the oven and a system to prevent roasts from becoming too dry.
“Generation 7000 is an unprecedented launch for Miele, encompassing over 160 new built-in models that span six product groups and completes a wealth of new kitchen appliances we have launched in the past few years, including our MasterCool and dishwasher categories,” said Jack Heck, President & CEO, Miele USA. “This is our most innovative, expansive and combinable range of built-in appliances yet, making cooking simpler, more convenient and safer. We are confident Generation 7000 will not only further strengthen Miele’s position in the market for premium built-in appliances, but it will also take consumers’ kitchens to the next level”.
Which Kitchen Style Suits Me Best? Simple Yet Elegant Designs
The four design lines in the new Generation 7000 include:
- PureLine: offers a modern, contemporary appeal, with its solid handle, low-key stainless-steel trim and a glass front in obsidian black.
- VitroLine: underlines its reserved and integrating style with a handle in the appliance color
- ArtLine: with its minimalistic approach eliminates the handle for a clean look.
- ContourLine: contemporary styling relies heavily on its striking stainless-steel frame with the focus on showcasing the appliance and its technology.
The VitroLine design line with their reduced all-glass fronts are available in graphite grey, brilliant white and obsidian black. While ArtLine will be available in graphite grey.
In addition to the aesthetic of these design lines, Miele has also increased its 30-inch width offering by thirty percent. This allows for more design layout options whether stacked, cubed, T-formed, or panorama style without the use of trim kits. Twenty-four-inch options are still available providing a robust product design offering.
Smoother Process Across Appliances Leaves Greater Room for Cooking Creativity
Once a design has been chosen, appliances within one and the same design line can be combined virtually at will. This is because all appliances appear to come from the same mold. This also applies to use and handling. Important controls and displays are located in precisely the same position across the range, making for a common cross-category approach to machine operation. Or, in other words: A person familiar with a wall oven will approach, for example, a combination steam oven or a coffee machine with the same familiarity from the outset. Newly designed control panels will be incorporated into all these products, which includes an update to the current M Touch display and a new layout for the DirectSensor user interface.
“Generation 7000 appliances guide our customers through the cooking process with operating steps that are more intuitive, smoother and more natural,” says Dirk Sappok, Head of Product Development, Miele. “This new ease of handling leaves greater room for creativity in the kitchen than ever before.”
Smart Assists and Unique, Enhanced Technology for Culinary Excellence
The new Miele Generation 7000 appliances feature smart assists to support cooking processes including:
- TasteControl: when things heat up, TasteControl, a world first, steps in. In ovens, this function prevents food from overcooking by automatically opening the door just a small amount, allowing heat to escape, and bringing the temperature in the oven interior down fast at the end of a program. Cooking processes end precisely on time, reliably preventing food from continuing to cook in the oven's residual heat, which would cause the food to relinquish its moisture.
- FoodView: As the “eye” of the oven, the FoodView in-oven camera, sends photographs to a any device connected to the Miele@mobile app. For the first time, this feature is even available on pyrolytic self-cleaning models in which the camera is subject to intense heat. The heat-protected, built-in camera transmits images in HD quality to a tablet PC or smartphone. From the convenience of a mobile device, and rather than opening the oven door releasing the heat one can view the image of the item cooking at that very moment. Additionally, via the app adjustments can then easily be made to the temperature and cooking time.
- MotionReact: Appliances respond when you approach. Miele appliances are able to pre-empt the user's next moves and automatically switch on when the user approaches, activating the oven lighting or deactivating the ringtone at the end of a program.
- Miele Mix and Match: Not sure how long or at what temperature to cook or reheat your food item or items. Mix and Match is a new cooking feature that allows you to cook or reheat simply by using the control panel or select the exact food items from the app and send the cooking instructions directly to the oven. Place the food in the oven, hit start, and a perfectly prepared meal will be ready in minutes.
- Miele@Home: Most appliances from all Generation 7000 categories have a wi-fi module on board, which, when connected to the Miele@mobile app, enables a whole host of new and additional convenience functions. A connected appliance can naturally be started or stopped from a tablet PC or smartphone.
Miele Generation 7000 appliances will be available beginning the second quarter of 2022.
Founded in Germany in 1899 with a single promise of Immer Besser, a phrase meaning Forever Better, Miele is the world's leading manufacturer of premium domestic appliances with more than 20,100 employees, 12 production facilities and representation in nearly 100 countries. As a premium appliance brand represented on all continents, Miele is steadfastly committed to the highest quality, performance and environmental standards. Miele’s range of exceptional consumer appliances includes: vacuum cleaners; laundry systems; rotary irons; dishwashers; ranges; built-in convection, speed, steam and combi-steam ovens; cooktops; ventilation hoods; refrigeration; wine storage and espresso/coffee systems.
Download as PDF Download including media (zip)