|LIMITED WARRANTY - MIELE PROFESSIONAL - USA
What Does This Warranty Cover?
Miele Inc., a Delaware corporation (hereinafter "Miele"), warrants to the original purchaser (the "Miele Customer") of a Professional Miele® product (the "Professional Miele Product"), who purchased the appliance from a distributor, dealer, manufacturer's representative or other seller who has been authorized by Miele ("Authorized Miele Dealer") that the Professional Miele Product, including any of its original accessories, is free of defects in material and workmanship, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. Except as set forth in this Limited Warranty, this Limited Warranty covers parts and labor and will be performed at no cost to you.
Where Is This Limited Warranty Valid?
This Limited Warranty is only applicable, if the Professional Miele Product was installed in the United States of America ("U.S.") or Puerto Rico by an installer authorized by Miele ("Authorized Miele Installer"), or if the Professional Miele Product was marketed as a Miele marine appliance and installed on board of a vessel, before it left the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
What Is Required to Request Warranty Service?
Miele reserves the right to require satisfactory verification of the purchase date and of the authorized installation of the Professional Miele Product in question before warranty service is performed.
When Does The Limited Warranty Expire?
Professional Miele Products Used Exclusively for Household/Personal Purposes:
One (1) Year or Two (2) Year Limited Warranty - Any warranty claims for Professional Miele Products used for household or personal purposes must be in writing and received by Miele within one (1) year from the date of installation, or eighteen (18) months from the date of purchase, whichever is later. If the Professional Miele Product was properly installed by an Authorized Miele Installer and properly registered with Miele, this Limited Warranty will be extended for one (1) additional year from the date of installation.
Professional Miele Products Designed and Used For Marine, Mobile or Aeronautical Purposes:
Six (6) Month Limited Warranty - Any warranty claims for Professional Miele Products designed and used for marine, mobile or aeronautical purposes must be received by Miele within six (6) months from the date of installation or one (1) year from the date of purchase, whichever is later.
Professional Miele Products Designed and Used For Other Industrial or Commercial Purposes:
One (1) Year Limited Warranty - Any warranty claims for Professional Miele Products used for industrial, commercial or other purposes other than personal, household, marine, mobile or aeronautical purposes, must be received by Miele within one (1) year from the date of installation, or eighteen (18) months from the date of purchase, whichever is later.
How To Register?
Unless registration is not required or prohibited by applicable state law, Professional Miele Products must be registered by filling out a Limited Warranty Card and mailing it to Miele, Inc., 9 Independence Way, Princeton, N.J. 08540 or e-mailing it.
What If Repair Cannot Be Provided?
If Miele determines in discretion that Miele cannot and will perform a warranted repair of any Professional Miele Product, Miele may in its discretion determine to replace the Professional Miele Product with a product of similar or equal features and functionality or to pay a refund. If the Product has been repaired or replaced, Miele will have no further obligation or liability under this Limited Warranty or otherwise. The total amount of the refund will in no event exceed the net purchase price of the Professional Miele Product paid to Miele.
In the event that Miele's Authorized Service Agent determines that it cannot service the Miele Professional Product due to poor accessibility or unsafe working conditions, or that it cannot restore Miele's Professional Product to safe and working conditions due to reasons beyond the scope of this Limited Warranty, the Miele authorized service center shall not be required to proceed with the covered repair until the owner has remedied the applicable hazard at its cost and to the satisfaction of the Miele Authorized Service Agent.
What Is Not Covered By This Limited Warranty?
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
Exclusion Of Other Warranties
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PROFESSIONAL MIELE PRODUCT SHALL BE LIMITED IN THEIR DURATION TO THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation Of Liability For Special, Incidental, Consequential Or Punitive Damages
MIELE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER DIRECTLY OR BY WAY OF INDEMNITY, FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY LOSS, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR LOSS OF PROFIT, ANY CLAIM FOR ATTORNEYS' OR OTHER PROFESSIONALS' FEES AND EXPENSES, OR OTHER CONSEQUENCES OF ANY DEFECT IN MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP (INCLUDING LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT OR PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY
If the Miele Customer is not satisfied with the warranty service, he, she or it must submit a claim in writing to Miele's Dispute Settlement Representative at Miele, Inc., 9 Independence Way, Princeton, N.J. 08540. The written notice must include the model and serial number of the Professional Miele Product, the Authorized Miele Dealer (or seller) from which the Professional Miele Product was purchased, the Authorized Miele Service Provider who performed the warranty service, the purchase date, a detailed description of the problem and the address at which the Miele Customer can be reached. Miele is committed to review each such notice in a timely manner and thoroughly and to respond to the Miele Customer in order to settle such dispute. Any decision shall not be binding. The Miele Customer shall be free initiate an action or proceeding; however, no such lawsuit may be initiated unless and until the dispute settlement procedures outlined in this Limited Warranty have been exhausted. Any warranty claims shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey and shall be subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts located in Mercer County, New Jersey. If Miele prevails, Miele shall be entitled to reimbursement of all costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, from the Miele Customer.
Special State Laws
This Limited Warranty gives the Miele Customer specific legal rights. In addition, the Miele Customer may have other rights, which may vary, from state to state.
How To Obtain Warranty Service For Professional Miele Products?
If during the relevant warranty period the Miele Customer finds a Professional Miele Product to be defective in material or workmanship and the failure is promptly and timely reported to Miele in accordance with this Limited Warranty, an authorized Miele service agent ("Authorized Miele Service Agent") shall determine whether the Miele Product is defective. Miele reserves the right to charge for exceptional shipping or transportation costs (e.g., ferries, plane trips or mileage in excess of 50 miles) as appropriate.
For service under this Limited Warranty or for product information, please contact Miele Professional Service by clicking here or by calling 800-991-9380.
Last Updated: February 16, 2012©1998-2013 Miele, Inc.
- - Any damage or defect to the Professional Miele Product caused by, or resulting from,
- - any repair, service, conversion or alteration to it or any of its parts and accessories which have been performed by any service center, repairman or other person or company not authorized by Miele;
- - improper installation, improper operation, improper maintenance, improper storage, improper connection to electrical, power or water supply of the Miele Professional Product or any of its parts or accessories; or
- - negligence, malfeasance, recklessness, accident, abuse, misuse, power interruptions, power surges, theft, vandalism, animal or insect infestation, rust, dust, corrosion, exposure to weather conditions, floods, natural disaster, any act of nature or any other peril originating from outside the Miele Professional Product or any force majeure.
- - Any loss or damage resulting from any cause other than normal use and operation of the Professional Miele Product in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and the owner's manual or any utilization of the Miele Professional Product that is inconsistent with either its design or the way the manufacturer intended it to be used;
- - Any damage to the Professional Miele Product resulting from the use of non-genuine Miele parts or from components not contained with the housings of the Miele Professional Product, such as electrical wiring, water or gas piping, hoses, ductwork, drains and the like;
- - Any damage or defect resulting from improper ventilation, reconfiguration or improper movement of the Miele Professional Product, including any failure to place the Miele Professional Product in an area that complies with the manufacturer's published space or environmental requirements;
- - Miele Professional Products installed in cabinetry and other types of built-in applications, unless the owner makes the it accessible to the service technician; provided that Miele is not responsible for the dismantling or reinstallation of fixed infrastructure when removing or returning repaired or replaced Miele Professional Product into a custom installation;
- - Any damage to or destruction or loss of clothing or other textiles, dishes, china, flatware, laboratory glassware, or other items placed in a Professional Miele Product;
- - Ordinary wear and tear;
- - Any damage to or loss of any consumable items, such as water filter cartridges;
- - Any damage to equipment caused by corrosive solvents, chemicals, or soils;
- - Any discoloration, stain, scratch, dent or other cosmetic imperfection that does not affect the function or efficacy of the Miele Professional Product;
- - Any damage or loss due to loss of profits or revenues, billable time or other income sources as a result of slowness, stoppage, downtime, malfunction or any other defect, or non-availability during maintenance or repair, or unavailability of spare or replacement parts;
- - Any vacuum cleaner or Miele product designed for use in a personal or household setting;
- - Cleaning, preventive maintenance or customer education;
- - Any Miele Professional Product, the serial numbers of which were removed, altered or otherwise compromised; and
- - Professional Miele Products covered by third party "Extended Warranties" or other separate third party warranty agreements or arrangements, which are sold separately by dealers, distributors or other third parties.