Here is a perfect side dish that goes well with any meal. Using simple ingredients, this dish is a breeze to prepare. You can substitute the vegetables with almost anything, so it is a great way to use up ingredients on-hand.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 Small yellow onion, diced small
2 Zucchini, cut into thin half moons
2 Tomatoes, diced or 1 cup diced canned tomatoes, drained
1/2 Cup corn, frozen or canned
1/2 Lime, juiced
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. On a Miele induction cooktop, heat to level 9 for a minute and then reduce to level 7. Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and sauté 3 minutes more, until beginning to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and corn.
- Cook, stirring often until vegetables are soft.
- Add the lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and add cilantro. Mix well and serve.