Sweet Potato Pie
Nothing smells as great as sweet potato pie right out of the oven. We’re excited to share this Combi-Steam oven recipe that uses steam cooking, convection oven and combination mode. This recipe is sure to wow you and your family!
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup almond meal crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup evaporated milk
2-3 yams or sweet potatoes (1 lb. raw potatoes should yield approx. 2 cups cooked)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Peel yams/sweet potatoes and cut into large pieces. Steam until tender in the Steam or Combi-steam oven. Operating Mode / Steam Cooking / 30 minutes / 212°F / 100% moisture.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crust. Preheat oven on Convection Bake 350°F. In the bowl of a food processor, process graham crackers until they are fine. In a large bowl, combine with almond meal, sugar and pour melted butter over top. Press into the bottom of a 9” spring form pan and press down firmly with the bottom of a glass. Bake on Convection bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Remove yams from the steam oven and beat with a hand mixer until tender and there are no lumps.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add evaporated milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Using the Combi-Steam Oven metal rack, slide the pie onto shelf level 2 and program the oven. Operating Modes / Combination Mode / Convection Bake / Set the Duration/ 350°F /45 minutes / 100% moisture.
- When finished, move to refrigerator to cool and prepare whipped cream topping.