You don’t have to spend a fortune purchasing expensive spa products! These easy-to-make spa treatments are a fun way to pamper yourself at home and make perfect, luxurious gifts. All can be made from all natural and fresh ingredients that are easily found in your kitchen, and will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
DIY Spa Gifts
Coconut Lime Lip Scrub
This sweet scrub gently exfoliates dry skin from your lips and moisturizes them so they feel soft and smooth.
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons sugar
3–4 drops lime essential oil (feel free to substitute orange, lemon, or the oil of your choice)
- In a small bowl, stir coconut oil, honey, sugar, and lime essential oil until well combined.
- Apply to lips and gently rub to exfoliate and moisturize dry skin on lips. Rinse off with warm water.
- Store in an airtight container.
Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub
This simple, refreshing sugar scrub is destined to become your new favorite! The coconut oil has a moisturizing, emollient effect on the skin and the cucumber and mint smell so fresh. The sugar provides gentle exfoliation without any harsh drying effects and will leave your skin feeling silky smooth!
Half of a fresh cucumber, washed and unpeeled
1 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
10 drops peppermint essential oil (feel free to substitute ½ teaspoon mint extract)
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut the cucumber into chunks and puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds until liquid.
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar, coconut oil, cucumber and essential oil until well combined. It should be slightly thicker than the consistency of wet snow. If the mixture is too wet, add 1 to 2 more tablespoons of sugar. Remember, it will thicken up in the fridge.
- Store your cucumber mint sugar scrub in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. You can use it straight out of the fridge, or you can place it in a bowl and let it warm up for 10 minutes before you use it. The scrub can be used on your body as well as your face.
Shower melts are a great alternative to bath bombs if you are in a hurry or just prefer showers. These include lavender oil for deep relaxation and are perfect before bed.
1 ½ cups baking soda
½ cup water
15-20 drops lavender essential oil
5-10 drops of purple food coloring
- Combine baking soda and water in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Add 15-20 drops lavender essential oil (depending on your preferred potency) and food coloring. Stir until well combined.
- Pack mixture into small silicone molds or into ice cube trays. Allow to set overnight.
- To use, place a melt in your shower away from the direct flow of water and enjoy the relaxing and soothing scent of lavender.
- Store in an airtight container. Use within one week.