Sous Vide Key Lime Pie
Our spin on key lime pie is extra creamy by steaming them in Mason jars using our Sous Vide Combi-Steam program. Tangy and citrusy lime flavor is a delicious treat in summer or any time of year you need a tropical pick me up.
16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
3 eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
Zest from one lime
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
Fruit to top, if desired
8 graham crackers, crushed
1 tablespoon sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F on Convection Bake.
- Place crushed graham crackers in a large bowl and add sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Place crust mixture at the bottom of 12 (4 oz.) canning jars and firmly pack down.
- Bake crust and jars for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add cheesecake mixture to each canning jar, leaving about ½ inch from the top.
- Tighten canning jar lids using ONLY your fingertips, ensuring not to fully tighten, as air must escape during the cooking process. Place in the oven on a universal baking tray or on the rack.
- Program Combi-Steam oven / Operating modes / sous-vide / 176°F / 1 ½ hours / ok/ start now.
- Let chill on the counter until cool to touch (about 1 hour).
- Place cheesecakes in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Open lid, top with fresh fruit if desired and enjoy!
To view this cooking video click here