Simple Steamed Omelete
These simple steamed omelettes are fun to create. Each family member can create their own individual omelet with their favorite ingredient combination. Making these omelettes in the oven makes cleanup a breeze and avoids the need to watch the stove top all morning. Leaving more time for you to enjoy that cup of coffee.
2 Large eggs
2 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tablespoons small diced red bell pepper
1 Tablespoon small diced onion
6 Leaves baby kale
Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray 2 (4 oz.) ramekins with cooking spray.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin and season with salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork.
- Add half of the cheese, red pepper, onion and kale to each ramekin and mix once more with the fork.
- Place ramekins on the rack in the combi-steam oven.
- Program the oven: Operating modes / Pure steam / 4 minutes / Start now
- If using a conventional oven, preheat to 400°F and bake for 10-12 minutes, until egg is set.
- Enjoy as is or in an English muffin as a breakfast sandwich.