San Francisco Sourdough Bread
Fresh bread has a smell and taste that few people can pass up! We have developed a San Francisco Sourdough Bread recipe that is baked in our 30” Convection Oven using the MasterChef Plus program. The oven’s automatic program adds a perfect amount of steam during baking resulting in loaves with a crispy crust and sheen. This recipe is for two loaves, one for you and one for a friend.
27.5 ounces Bread Flour
.7 ounces Iodized Table Salt
.3 ounces Instant Yeast
10.5 ounces Sourdough Starter
2 cups warm water
Lame (double edge blade) or a very sharp paring knife
- Add all dry ingredients together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix together with paddle attachment. Feed the sourdough starter into the dry ingredients until it is covered with flour. Change the paddle attachment to a hook attachment and slowly incorporate water. Mix until combined. Set timer and knead in machine for 15 minutes.
- Dust countertop lightly with flour. Transfer dough to countertop and knead for 3-5 minutes by hand. Dough will be slightly sticky. Dust very lightly as needed.
- Shape into a ball and cover with plastic wrap, proof for 2 hours.
- Punch dough down before second proof stage. Divide dough into 2 portions and shape into a boule. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Place dough on universal tray.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let proof for an additional 20 minutes.
- Score the dough into a square pattern with a lame or a very sharp paring knife before baking. Immediately place in oven and select the MasterChef Plus Program for Sourdough.
- Follow the directions in the display.
To view this cooking video click here