Roasted Tomato Balsamic Crostini
A crispy and sweet appetizer that can be roasted and prepared in advance for any occasion. Add the basil chiffonade just before serving. So easy to prepare and enjoy, Roasted Tomato Crostini is always a ‘go-to’ appetizer for any event large or small.
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 teaspoons balsamic glaze (to taste)
4 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons (chiffonade)
1 French baquettes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 400°F using Convection Bake.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl and season with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a baking tray and set aside.
- On the other tray, place the bread on a single layer. Using a pastry brush, coat each slice of bread with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the bread into the oven after 10 minutes, cook for 10-12 minutes until toasted to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the tomatoes to a mixing bowl.
- Add balsamic glaze, basil and check seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Top toasts with the tomato mixture and serve immediately.