Roasted Chicken Thighs with Root Vegetables
A hearty chicken dinner perfect for fall. We’ve used the Combi-Steam oven in our video, but this recipe can be roasted in any Miele oven. You may substitute with a heavy casserole or roasting pan.
8-12 chicken thighs, with skin
8- 10 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
3 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved or quartered
1 sweet onion, quartered
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic paste or chopped garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of mustard
5 tablespoons thyme leaves
Accessory used in recipe is the Miele HUB 5000 casserole. You may substitute with a heavy casserole or roasting pan.
- Preheat oven on Convection Roast to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, cumin, onion powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard and add ¼ of the spice mixture.
- Place vegetables into Miele HUB 5000. Add remaining ¾ of the spice mixture to vegetables. Toss with a spoon or spatula until vegetables are well-coated.
- Place chicken thighs over vegetables. Drizzle olive oil on top chicken and vegetables. Brush the honey mustard and spice mixture on the chicken thighs. Sprinkle the thyme leaves on chicken thighs.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour or until an instant read thermometer placed in the chicken thigh reads 165°F.
To view this cooking video click here