Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasted Butternut squash is delicious, nutritious and so easy to make. Add this flavorful side to your next meal. Save valuable time in the kitchen by using the combi-bake mode on your speed oven. Use this technique for roasting all your favorite winter squashes and enjoy more time with your loved ones. Use roasted squash in your favorite recipes.
1 butternut squash
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried sage
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the butternut squash on the glass tray of the speed oven lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Remove the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Place the squash back on the glass tray, cut side up, and drizzle each half with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and sage.
- Place in the oven and program: Operating Modes / Combi-Bake / Level 3 / 375°F / 35 minutes.
- Check for doneness after 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of the squash. A knife should be able to be inserted easily.
- If roasting in a traditional oven at 375°F, squash should be done in 45-60 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving the outside skin behind. Use in your favorite recipes.
To view this cooking video click here