Pumpkin Banana Bread
Perfect for the holidays, this is a marriage of 2 amazing breads. Pumpkin and Banana are a match made in heaven. This bread is a delicious dessert, side or as a snack to enjoy around the house during the holidays. Using a little bit of steam elevates this bread to the next level.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 stick butter (4 Tbs.), melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 ripe bananas, mashed
Toppings: pumpkin seeds or chocolate chips
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray and then line with a piece of parchment paper overhanging the edge. Spray again.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Add the pumpkin puree, banana and mix well with a whisk or with an electric mixer until lightened in color.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with pumpkin seeds or chocolate chips.
- Program the Combi-Steam Oven: Operating modes / Combination mode / 350°F / 55 min / 25% steam.
- Bread can also be baked at 350°F without steam.
To view this cooking video click here