Our pulled-pork recipe has a flavorful and spicy marinade. Using moisture in your Combi-Steam ensures the pork roasts gently for perfect results.
2 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
3 jalapenos, roughly chopped
1 sweet onion, roughly chopped
1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
1 package banana leaves
1 pork shoulder or butt, 4-5 pounds
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients. Whisk to combine and add jalapenos, onion and cilantro. Place pork in a large food safe plastic bag or vacuum sealing bag. Add marinade and seal to marinade over night or at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove pork from bag and discard marinade*. Wrap in clean banana leaves and place in Miele HUB 62-22, Dutch Oven or roasting pan. Cover with lid or foil.
- Slide on shelf level 1 in the Combi-Steam Oven. Program the oven. Operating Modes / Combination Mode / Convection Bake / 300°F / 2 hours / 60% moisture.
- After 2 hours remove the lid or foil. Program the oven. Combination Mode / Convection Bake / 300°F / 20 minutes / 100% moisture.
- When program is complete, remove from oven and use two forks to pull meat off the bone.
We’ve discarded the marinade in our video, but you can choose leave 1/2 in the roasting pan for extra flavor.
Pulled pork goes nicely with mango salsa and rice or mix with barbeque sauce and serve on buns.
To view this cooking video click here