Our pulled-pork recipe has a flavorful and spicy marinade. Using moisture in your Combi-Steam ensures the pork roasts gently for perfect results.
1 pork shoulder or butt, 4-5 pounds
2 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
3 jalapenos, roughly chopped, seeds included
1 sweet onion, roughly chopped
1 bunch cilantro, rinsed and roughly chopped
1 package banana leaves, optional
*Alternate directions not in a Combi-steam are at the bottom of the recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients. Whisk to combine and add jalapenos, onion and cilantro. Place pork in a large food safe plastic bag or vacuum sealing bag. Add marinade and seal to marinade over night or at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove pork from bag and discard ½ marinade*. Wrap pork in clean banana leaves and place in Miele HUB 62-22, Dutch Oven or roasting pan. If you cannot find banana leave, you can skip this step. Pour reserved marinade in the bottom of the pan. Cover with lid or foil.
- Slide on shelf level 1 in the Combi-Steam Oven. Program the oven. Operating Modes / Combination Mode / Convection Bake / 300°F / 2 hours / 60% moisture. If your cut of meat is on the larger side, you can increase this stage to 2 1/2 hours.
- After stage 1, remove the lid or foil. Re-program the oven. Combination Mode / Convection Bake / 300°F / 20 minutes / 100% moisture.
- When program is complete, remove from oven and use two forks to pull meat off the bone.
*Alternately, you can cook in any Miele oven on Surround Mode @ 320°F using the middle rack level. Roast pork 3 ½ - 4 hours or until the internal temperature is 190°F or higher.
**We’ve discarded the marinade in our video, but you can choose leave 1/2 in the roasting pan for extra flavor.
To view this cooking video click here