Mushroom chestnut stuffing
This delicious stuffing recipe is a favorite that was shared by our friends at Good Housekeeping. A mixture of roasted chestnuts and mushroom is savory combination perfect for Thanksgiving. Our Miele HUB casserole makes prep a breeze going from cooktop, to oven and straight to the table.
16 ounces roasted chestnuts
10 cups coarse fresh bread cubes, (white and wheat mixed, ½ inch cubes)
1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, plus more for greasing baking dish
4 cups mixed cleaned and sliced mushrooms
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 extra-large yellow onions, peeled and chopped
3 cups chicken or turkey stock
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Prepare the bread and chestnuts
- Program the oven Operating Mode / Convection Bake / 350°F. Once the oven is preheated, spread the breadcrumbs on the Universal Tray and bake until dry and golden, about 15 minutes. Chop chestnuts and put in a large bowl. Add toasted bread cubes to bowl with chestnuts.
- Sauté the vegetables
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter, and then add the celery, onions, and mushrooms. Cook until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Add to the bowl with the chestnuts.
- Add remaining ingredients and bake
- Stir in the chicken stock, parsley, sage, salt, pepper and eggs. Spoon into a buttered Miele HUB casserole and bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Convection Bake / 350°F.
- Uncover and bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Using an instant read thermometer check that dressing is baked through to a temperature of 160°F.
To view this cooking video click here