This is an easy, quickly assembled recipe, enjoyed by all as decadent breakfast. As the kitchen fills with the warm fragrance of cinnamon and baking biscuits, your loved ones will gather and anxiously wait for the baking to complete. Make memories, while hungry appetites are satisfied, when eating this warm, pull apart delightful treat.
Up to three 12 oz. packages of refrigerated biscuit dough, depending on the depth of your pan
1 ¼ cups white sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup dark raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use Surround mode for excellent results.
- Grease a 9” or 10” solid bottom tube or Bundt pan. Do not use a pan with a removable bottom.
- Mix the white sugar and cinnamon in a gallon sized plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Shake eight biscuit pieces at a time in the sugar/cinnamon mix, and arrange in the pan, building from the bottom up.
- Scatter the nuts and raisins throughout the layers as you continue to build up the biscuit pieces.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over low heat. Whisk to combine. Simmer for about one minute while gently stirring with whisk. Pour the butter mixture evenly over the biscuits.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Let stand to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a plate. Enjoy warm, pulling the biscuit chunks apart.