Mexican Street Corn
Spice up your corn on the cob with a creamy, crunchy and cheesy topping. This Mexican street corn recipe is an easy to make side dish that pairs nicely with any dinner (our favorite is with fish tacos)! Whether you are looking for a quick and easy lunch or to spice up a family dinner, this side dish is versatile, fun, and delicious.
4 ears corn
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
½ - 1 lime, juiced
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
½ cup queso cotija or queso fresco, crumbled
¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
Spicy cheesy corn chips, crumbled (optional)
- Place the corn on a perforated steam tray and place in a combi-steam or steam oven.
- Program the oven: Select MasterChef / Corn on the cob / Steam Cooking / level 1 (al dente), this will take 17 minutes. Alternately, steam the corn on the stovetop using a steamer basket or boil in a large pot of water until desired doneness.
- Once the corn has been steamed, place on a hot griddle, grill or cast iron pan until it starts to get slightly charred. Turn to char all sides evenly.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and lime juice.
- Remove the corn from the grill and slather with the mayonnaise mix.
- Top with the cheeses, cilantro and crushed corn chips.
To view this cooking video click here