Loaded Baked Potatoes
This Southwestern inspired hearty baked potato will make the perfect meatless lunch or dinner. It has a hearty filling, and is fast and easy to make. Substituted or adjusted ingredients will allow you to customize to your taste. Use medium sized white baking potatoes or sweet potatoes, whichever you have on hand.
4 Medium sized white baking potatoes or sweet potatoes
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 Tsp taco seasoning
2 Tsp olive or canola oil
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1/2 Red onion, diced
1 Tsp chili powder
1/2 Tsp paprika or smoked paprika
1/2 Tsp cumin
1/2 Tsp salt
1-1/2 Cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 Cup salsa
1 Cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup chopped scallions or cilantro
- Pierce holes in the potatoes with a fork. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes at 400°F., or cook in microwave using the potato setting, until potatoes are soft and cooked completely.
- Combine sour cream and taco seasoning in a small bowl. Mix well, set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- Add the peppers, onions, chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt to the pan. Cook about 5 minutes, or until the onions have caramelized slightly.
- Add in the black beans. Stir to combine and heat throughout. Set aside.
- Use a fork to scoop out the top of each potato, leaving an oval shaped crater for the filling.
- Fill each potato with the black bean mixture, shredded cheese, sour cream mixture and salsa. Garnish with chopped scallions or cilantro.