If you love fudge, these brownies are for you! Using a touch of steam to bake these brownies will yield the fudgiest brownies imaginable.
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave in additional 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugars. Using a hand mixer, mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold into the batter until just combined.
- Place batter in an 8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Program the Combi-Steam oven to: Operating modes / Combination mode / Surround 350°F / 20-25 minutes / 25% steam
- Alternately, cook at 350°F for 20-25 minutes in a standard oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
* If baking in a traditional oven, you can preheat the oven to 350°F and bake brownies for 20-25 minutes.