Fresh Ravioli Dinner
Cooking a complete dinner all in one dish with very little clean-up sounds like a dream! But this dream can become a reality with this delicious, fast and simple Ravioli dinner. Filled with hearty vegetables and a delicious sauce you’ll want to make this dish a regular favorite. Thanks to Miele’s DGC Combi-steam Oven and its Menu Cooking feature, this meal comes together seamlessly and with perfect results. Simply select the three components of the recipe and let the oven tell you when to place your trays for steaming in the oven. Miele’s automatic programs do the thinking for you- leaving everything steamed to perfection without the fuss - no expertise required. While the oven is working its magic, the sauce comes together quickly in one single pan on your stovetop.
Ingredients for the Steam Components
1-Pound Fresh Ravioli, any variety
1 head broccoli, trimmed into medium florets
2 small zucchini, cut into ¼ inch rounds
Ingredients for the Sauce
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 onion, peeled and minced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 cups tomato puree or your favorite sauce
1 cup heavy or light cream
1 handful of fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried
Ample amounts of grated parmesan cheese
Directions for the Steam Components
- Place each item in a separate perforated tray.
- Select “Menu Cooking” from the “Special Modes” menu.
- Follow prompts, adding three components and select either start now or select a time frame when you would like to have your meal. When the program begins, it will alert you as to when to add each tray and in what order.
Directions for the Sauce
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, sauté butter, onion and garlic until soft and fragrant but not brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until the sauce has reduced by about ¼ in volume. This should take about 8-10 minutes, which will coincide with your steamed items finishing.
- Combine all ingredients and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
If you don’t yet have a Miele DGC Combi-steam oven, follow package directions for ravioli. For the vegetables, add to the beginning of Sauce Step 2 or use steamer basket.