This delicious flatbread-style focaccia bread can be dressed up with endless topping possibilities. We’ve chosen a simple topping of rosemary and salt. This is a good bread to bake on short notice since it takes under 3 hours from start to finish.
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried instant yeast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
Coarse sea salt
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the 1 ½ cups warm water, instant yeast and sugar. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, measure the flour by spooning into a measuring cup and leveling off. Add salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Combine with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Add the water mixture and stir until no dry flour remains. Using your hands, continue to mix in the bowl until a loose ball forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven with the oven rack on shelf level 2. Operating Modes / Moisture Plus / 400°F / 1 burst of steam / Manual.
- Lightly dust the dough and shape it into a ball by stretching the dough away from you and folding it back over itself. Rotate the ball a quarter turn and repeat on all four sides. Using the palms of your hands as a guide, pull the ball of dough along the counter 3-4 times until a smooth ball has formed. Use your hands to flatten the dough to 1-inch thick disk about 6 inches in diameter and place on the Round Baking Tin. Cover with plastic wrap and allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Using your fingertips, dimple the dough and gently push the dough to the edges of the round baking tin. Sprinkle dough with rosemary and salt. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Before placing the tin into oven add a manual burst of steam. Once steam has activated for 1-2 minutes, slide the baking tin into the oven. Set timer for 20 minutes. Check for doneness and add more time if necessary.
*If your oven does not have Moisture Plus, bake in a Combi-Steam Oven with a burst of steam or using a water bottle, spray the inside of oven before placing focaccia bread in your oven.
To view this cooking video click here