We show our love to our pets in so many special ways. Baking homemade dog biscuits allows you to be sure your fur baby eats wholesome and tasty snacks. Use cutters to shape the biscuits into shapes and sizes appropriate for your pet.
1 cup plus 1-tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup peanut butter* *be sure that your peanut butter does not contain Xylitol, as it is dangerous for pets.
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine flour, peanut butter, pumpkin and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add applesauce and stir until well combined. The dough will be thick.
- Once combined, use floured hands and form the dough into a ball. Place dough ball on a flat, lightly floured surface, and roll out evenly with a rolling pin. Dough should be about ¼ inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter dipped in flour to cut the dough into desired shape and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Continue re-rolling dough scraps to make more biscuits.
- Bake for 18 minutes in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven using Convection Bake, until golden brown and firm to the touch. The baking time will vary based on the size of the treats.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze in a sealed plastic bag for extended storage.