Coffee Rubbed Brisket & Vegetables
Creating coffee rub for meat is fun and easy, plus it makes the perfect personalized gift! This flavorful and delicious seasoning is great for bottling up as a gift for your neighbor, Father, or to bring as a thank you to your next backyard BBQ. Mix together our favorite flavors below and bottle them up in batches to have quick and easy thank you gifts on the go. Enjoy a quick and easy quality seasoning that will guarantee a delicious brisket, ribs or whatever you’re grilling!
Coffee Rub Recipe
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
¼ Cup of Miele Coffee Grounds
3 Tablespoons ancho chili powder
2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
3 Tablespoons garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon toasted coriander seeds, ground
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Combine all ingredients and bottle up for future use.
Coffee Rubbed Brisket and Vegetables Recipe
Check out our favorite Coffee Rubbed Brisket! Share this recipe with your recipients for a fun new recipe to try with their new Coffee Rub.
Ingredients For the Brisket:
2 ½ pound brisket (first cut will yield a leaner meat while the second cut will give more marbling)
12 ounce beer of your choice
Ingredients For the Vegetables:
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Fennel Bulbs, trimmed and quartered
3 Vidalia or other sweet onion, peeled and quartered
4 Large carrots, peeled and cut in half
3 Parsnips, peeled and cut in half
1 Head of garlic, unpeeled but cloves separated
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large roasting pan place vegetables and olive oil, stirring to coat vegetable with oil. In a medium bowl mix ingredients for the rub.
- Work rub into surface of brisket, coating all sides evenly.
- Place brisket on top of the vegetables and roast 45 minutes or until vegetables are brown.
- Add beer to bottom of roasting pan.
- Cover pan with foil and lower heat to 300F.
- Continue to roast until the brisket is fork tender (about 3 ½ -4 hours).
- Skim fat and serve brisket and vegetables with any accumulated juices.
For the Miele customer that owns a convection wall oven or range, they should take full advantage of the innovative use of the operating mode,”Moisture Plus” and use the following directions:
- Place vegetables and oil in the bottom of a small Miele HUB casserole dish, distributing oil over vegetables.
- Place coffee spice rubbed brisket on top of vegetables.
- Add beer to bottom of the HUB.
- Insert Wireless Roast Probe into thickest part of the brisket.
- Place HUB on rack 4.
- Set settings to “Moisture Plus” 325 F with a core temperature of 200F using three automatic moisture bursts. Follow progress on touch screen. Approximate cooking time 2-2 ½ hours.