You don’t have to be a professional to make an incredible Clam Bake. This fun summer dish is fool proof when made in a sheet pan in your oven. You can wow your guests and your family with this amazing all-in-one meal. Modify this recipe with your favorite ingredients to make this your new family summer favorite.
Clam Bake Ingredients:
1 Pound very small new potatoes, scrubbed
Four lobster tails, thawed if frozen overnight in the refrigerator
1/2 Pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Ears of corn, shucked and broken in halves
½ Pound chorizo, sliced very thinly
1 Pound mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
2 Lemons cut into quarters
For the butter mixture:
1 Stick butter, melted
1 Tablespoon (more or less to taste) Old Bay seasoning
3 Garlic cloves, peeled and grated or minced
- Preheat your oven to 425F. If you’re using your Miele Range or wall oven, select the Operation mode “Surround” and set the temperature for 425F.
- Prepare the butter mixture by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mixing well.
- Place potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and add a quarter inch of water to the container. Microwave for 4 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Remove potatoes and place into two large rimmed baking sheets.
- Using kitchen scissors cut the top of the lobster shell open from end to end. Separate the shell slightly and pull the lobster meat up a bit so it is almost entirely on top of the shell. Place two lobster tails on each rimmed baking sheet. Add rest of the ingredients, distributing evenly between two sheet pans and coating evenly with the butter mixture.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes or until the mussels open and the shrimp are opaque.