Chocolate Espresso Cake
Makes 2 large cakes or 4 small cakes
For a special occasion or just because - this delicious espresso chocolate cake will make your day! Using basic at home ingredients you can truly WOW your guests with a cake they will love!
1/2 Stick unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1/3 Cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Large whole egg
1 Large egg yolk
4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 Tablespoons brewed espresso
Whipped cream and sliced strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400° F if using bake or surround, and 375° F if using convection bake.
- Grease ramekins with cooking spray and set on a baking sheet or round baking tin.
- Combine the chocolate with the butter in a stainless steel bowl. To melt the chocolate, set the combi-steam oven to Masterchef / Special / Melt Chocolate / Start Now. Alternately, you can melt the chocolate over a double boiler on the cooktop.
- When the chocolate is ready, add in the sugar, flour, egg, egg yolk, vanilla and espresso.
- Whisk to combine well. Batter should be smooth.
- Divide batter into ramekins using a ladle. For thicker cakes with more molten chocolate, use 2 ramekins, or use 4 for thinner cakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Gently run a knife around the cakes and flip onto a plate.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Serve immediately.