Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Cheese
Step up your weekly chicken dinner with a Combi-Steam oven recipe that uses two-stages in Combination Mode. During stage one a flavorful stuffing of cheeses and spinach cooks inside the chicken and during stage two the broil mode gives a crunchy and browned breadcrumb finish. It’s a beautifully plated meal when accompanied by your favorite orzo side dish.
4 boneless chicken breasts
6 oz. baby spinach
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
1/2 cup Fontina cheese
4 green onion stalks chopped
1/2 cup parsley
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio wine
- Cut a pocket lengthwise into each chicken breast, careful not to cut the breasts in half.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, Feta and Fontina cheeses, green onion, parsley, egg, salt and pepper.
- Carefully stuff each chicken breast with spinach mixture, gently pushing mixture into pocket. Place stuffed chicken breasts on Miele Universal Tray.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with olive oil, panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Place tray in middle rack of Combi-Steam oven and program the oven:
- Operating Modes
- Select Combi-Mode
- Select Duration
- Select Convection Bake at 375°F, 20-30 minutes (depending on size of chicken breast) and 10% moisture.
- Select OK,
- Add an additional stage
- Choose Maxi Broil level 3, 6 minutes, 0% moisture (when this stage starts you add your wine to the chicken)
- Select OK, Start Now.
- Once oven begins stage two, carefully open the oven door and add 1 cup of wine to the Universal Tray.
To view this cooking video click here