Candied Cajun Bacon
We love good quality crispy bacon on its own, but this recipe turns it into a special treat no one will expect to be so delicious. It’s sticky and spicy with a bit of heat from a Cajun spice mix. We’re using bursts of steam to speed up our cook time and ensure our bacon is baked evenly from end to end.
1 lb Thick Cut Bacon
1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1/4 cup Caramel Syrup
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven in Moisture Plus setting at 400°F and add 2 bursts of steam. Place bacon the Universal tray with Broil Insert. Alternately, preheat oven on Convection Bake at 400°F.
- Sprinkle bacon with Cajun seasoning
- In a bowl mix equal parts caramel syrup and maple syrup. Add Cajun seasoning and whisk to combine.
- Add bacon slices to bowl and coat in mixture.
- Place bacon in a single layer on the Universal Tray.
- Slide tray into oven and immediately start the first burst of steam. Set a timer for 7 minutes.
- After timer has finished, start the second burst of steam and set the timer for 7-10 minutes.
- Once finished, check bacon for doneness and add more time as desired.
To view this cooking video click here