Breakfast Potato Hash
A perfect accompaniment for any breakfast or brunch. The potatoes are creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside. With the addition of multi-color peppers and fresh herbs, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
1 small bag of tri-color potatoes (red, yellow and purple), quartered
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes on a perforated steam tray.
- Program the combi-steam oven: Operating modes / Steam Cooking / 212°F / 10 minutes.
- Check that a knife can be inserted easily into the potatoes. If not ready, cook a few minutes longer.
- To cook on the stovetop, place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water by 1 inch; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a griddle or large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add onions, peppers, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until beginning to soften.
- Add the remaining olive oil and add the potatoes. Leave them undisturbed for a few minutes so they begin to brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a large spatula, flip potatoes and toss well with the other vegetables. Continue to cook until browned or to desired doneness, about 4 minutes more.
- Remove to a serving bowl and top with chopped parsley.
To view this cooking video click here