These breakfast pastries are fun to make with the family and even more delicious to eat! While using only a few ingredients, you’ll have a great breakfast or afternoon snack ready in no time. Fill them with any flavor jam or chocolate spread of your choice.
1 Refrigerated piecrust
1/4 Cup of milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to convection bake 375°F.
- Line a universal baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl and set aside.
- Unroll the piecrust and cut into 8 squares using a fluted cookie cutter. Alternately, you can use any shape cutter you like or just cut out shapes with a knife or water glass. Use a smaller cookie cutter to cut out a window in the center from half of your cut out shapes.
- You can bake the small cutouts as well and enjoy as a delicious snack.
- Place a dollop of jam in the center of the solid rectangles.
- Brush the exposed edges with milk and place the cut out pieces on top. Seal the edges by crimping them with a fork or pressing with your fingers.
- Brush some more milk on top and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
To view this cooking video click here