Whether you use fresh or frozen blueberries, you will love this easy recipe baked in our round baking tin. The sweet pastry base of this blueberry pizza is perfect for a summer BBQ or weeknight meal. Plus, any leftovers make a quick and delicious breakfast.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces (¼ cup) low-fat or regular cream cheese, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Low-fat frozen yogurt, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F on Convection Bake.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, ¼ cup of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in cream cheese and butter with a pastry blender or your fingers until mixture resembles small peas. Mix in yogurt.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface a couple of times. Gently pat into a disk. (The dough can be refrigerated at this point for several hours or overnight.) Butter the Miele round baking tin; then gently press dough into a circle that covers most of the tin. (The crust will be 1/4 - to 1/2 -inch thick.)
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the remaining sugar over the dough. Top dough with berries, pressing them down in a single layer to within ½ inch of border. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar on top.
- Transfer pizza to oven and set a timer for 20 minutes. Bake until crust is golden, adding more time as necessary. Let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to wooden cutting board. Dust with confectioners’ sugar; then cut into triangles with pizza cutter. Serve with low-fat frozen yogurt, if desired.
To make APPLE-CRANBERRY PIZZA, mix 3 tablespoons sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Thinly slice 2 large baking apples (such as Cortland). Place apples in one bowl and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries in another. Toss apples with most of the cinnamon sugar mixture and cranberries with remaining mixture. Scatter cranberries evenly over dough. Arrange apples in a circular pattern in a single layer to within 1/2 inch of border over the cranberries. Bake as described above.
To view this cooking video click here