Bananas Foster French Toast
Our Fluffy Challah French Toast is super sweet and super delicious. We’re grilling it up on our range top griddle for a perfectly toasty brown breakfast.
Ingredients for French Toast
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar
12 thick slices Challah bread
Ingredients for Bananas Foster Caramel Sauce
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 bananas, sliced into ½” pieces
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup banana liqueur, optional
Directions for French Toast
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
Directions for Bananas Foster Caramel Sauce
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter
- Add brown sugar and whisk to thoroughly until sugar dissolves
- Allow to thicken to a sauce and turn off the heat
- Add bananas, cinnamon and banana liqueur
- Serve while warm with Fluffy Challah French Toast
To view this cooking video click here