Asian Shrimp Wonton Cups
Perfect for any entertaining event. This appetizer is easy to make, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The combination of the crispy wonton cup, cold salad and warm shrimp is a delight to the senses! Wonton cups can be made a day ahead and stored in an air-tight container.
12 wonton wrappers
12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup lime juice
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups broccoli slaw (store bought)
2 serrano or thai chiles, or a mix
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 green onions, sliced for garnish
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° on surround mode or on convection bake.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each cavity of a mini-muffin tin. Make sure to press to the sides to ensure a nice flat bottom.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, steam the shrimp. Place shrimp on a perforated steam pan and cook under pure steam for 2 minutes in a combi-steam oven. You can also steam on the cooktop in a steamer basket or sauté in butter until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, assemble the salad.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, lime juice and brown sugar. Once well combined, add in the broccoli slaw and cilantro. Mix well.
- To assemble, fill each wonton cup with some of the broccoli slaw and top with a shrimp. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.